Upcoming 2019 MWI Courses
NH Upcoming Neuromuscular Therapy Certification
LOCATION: Concord, N.H.
CEUs: 32 - 96 CE Hrs
NMT Axial Module – NMT Theory, Cervical and Thoracic Spine (32 CE HRS)
DATES: April 27th – 28th 2019
May 18th -19th, 2019
NMT Pelvis and Thigh Module (32 CE Hrs)
DATES: June 8th – 9th , 2019
September 14th – 15th, 2019
NMT Lower Leg, Shoulder and Arm (32 CE Hrs)
DATES: October 19th – 20th, 2019
November 15th – 16th, 2019
Flexible Training Format: You can progress through these modules in any order. And you can register for them individually, or together as a program for a significant savings.
Cost: $1695 for 96 CE hrs, Pre-register (30 days in advance) for $1595, a $340 savings. Individual modules are 2 weekends @ $645. Pre-register (30 days in advance) for $595 for 32 Ce hrs.
Take up to two years to complete the certification.
NMT Certification Test – Includes practical and theoretical test. Test dates will be arranged upon the completion of the 96 hr Certification. $125 cost. Test is optional, but is required for the CNMT designation
Integrated Neuromuscular Therapy and Ortho Assessment of the Knee and Lower Leg
Dates: Saturday-Sunday, May 4th-5th, 2019
Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Swedish Institute, New York, NY
This module will explore musculoskeletal anatomy and function of the lower leg (all four compartments and the foot). Lectures will be focused on muscle location / function and activity of daily living (work, hobbies, sports) stressors that will cause dysfunction within the musculoskeletal system. We will examine the main physiological factors that may create or intensify pain patterns, including nerve entrapment / compression, trigger points, pathologies and postural distortions.
The course will also include Ortho Assessments to the nearby joints and tissue, so as an LMT we know when and where to treat appropriately. We will then apply this knowledge with specific integrated NMT protocol, by applying manual advanced tissue techniques to relieve myofascial trigger points and other soft tissue dysfunction. Practice will include demonstration, palpation, verbal walk through and practice time.
Included within the course:
- Comprehensive muscle study – location, function, stressors and trigger point referral patterns of over 12+ muscles
- Various muscle and connective tissue dysfunctions / pathologies will be discussed i.e., Pronated arch, supinated arch, inversions sprain/strain, shin splints and compartment syndrome
- An Orthopedic testing technique will be demonstrated for each region / joint
- The relationship of the arches to postural balance
- Techniques will include: Trigger point release, Myofascial Mobilization principles, Muscle Energy Techniques, Cross Fiber Friction, and various muscle lengthening techniques. Also included emphasis on utilizing correct body mechanics
- 10 + hrs of extensive hands-on work
- Extensive manual of all treatments, muscles (their anatomy and physiology), most lecture notes
Jeff Mahadeen is an approved provider of NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork) category A continuing education credits. » See Jeff's biography.