Integrated Treatments & Assessments of the Scapula and Rotator Cuff Course
Dates: October 6 - 7, 2018
Time: Saturday 9:30am-5:30pm & Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
Location: Georgia Massage School, Suwanee, GA
Where: Georgia Massage School
415 Horizon Dr, Bldg 200, Suite 275, Suwanee, GA 30024
PHONE: (678) 482-1100 • (678) 482-1924 fax
Early Registration Cost: $325 (21 days or more in advance)
This course will explore musculoskeletal anatomy and function of the thoracic cage (anterior and posterior) and the rotator cuff muscles. Lectures will be focused on muscle location and function that will cause dysfunction within the musculoskeletal system, and with this information, we will examine the main physiological factors that may create or intensify pain patterns, including nerve entrapment/compression, trigger points, pathologies, muscle imbalances and postural distortions.
This course will also include orthopedic and postural assessments to the glenohumeral and scapula costal joints, so as an LMT, we know when and where to treat appropriately.
We will then apply this knowledge with specific integrated NMT and Myofascial Mobilization protocol, by applying manual advanced tissue techniques to relieve myofascial trigger points and other soft tissue dysfunction. Practice will include demonstration, palpation, verbal walk through and practice time.
Included within the course:
- Comprehensive muscle study – location, function, stressors and trigger point (tps) referral patterns of over 12+ muscles
- Various muscle and connective tissue dysfunctions / pathologies will be discussed i.e., frozen shoulder, thoracic outlet syndrome, shoulder impingement, scapular dyskinesia
- Many Orthopedic testing technique will be demonstrated for each region / joint
- The relationship of scapular dysfunction to shoulder impingement and thoracic outlet syndrome
- Techniques will include: Trigger point release, Myofascial Mobilization, Muscle Energy Techniques, Cross Fiber Friction, And various muscle lengthening techniques.
- Also included emphasis on utilizing correct body mechanics
- 10 + hrs of extensive hands-on work
- Extensive manual of all treatments, muscles (their anatomy and physiology), and most lecture notes. Cost $30, paid day of cours.
Jeff Mahadeen brings treatment to a whole new level with nearly 20 years of rehab experience. Jeff will not only incorporate palpation and release of of tps, but Jeff's extensive background in exercise and education makes his classes very informative and fun. With Jeff's clinical experience, he has enhanced the NMT and Myofascial mobilization procedures with Orthopedic Assessments, Muscle Energy Technique Stretching and some strength training.
Don't miss out on the opportunity of studying with Jeff. He has helped many therapists raise their rehab knowledge and marketing savvy, which in-turn has quantified in extensive practice growth for his students. See what students are saying and even chat with former students.
Jeff Mahadeen is an approved provider of NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork) category A continuing education credits. » See Jeff's biography.